- Retail banking in France and abroad
- Specialized business lines: asset management, insurance, private banking, consumer lending, leasing, factoring.
- Corporate and investment banking.
№ 1 retail bank network in France
39 Regional Banks combine 2 512 Local Banks (unions) in France, which lay a foundation of Credit Agricole Group and hold the biggest share of the capital of the Regional Banks.
Regional Banks are separated and fully-fledged financial structures offering a wide range of bank products and services. They jointly hold a stake of 54.8% in Credit Agricole S.A., which in turn holds 25% stake in each Regional Bank.
Local Banks play important role in the economy of the French regions; they continuously monitor local needs of the customers and assist Credit Agricole S.A. with adaptation of products and services to the customer needs.
Credit Agricole Group purchase of Credit Lyonnais Bank was followed by its merger with Credit Agricole Indosuez in 2004, as a result of which corporate and investment business of these two banks emerged on the market under the name CREDIT AGRICOLE CIB. Retail banking of Credit Lyonnais in France received a new brand LCL.
Thus Credit Agricole Group in France is represented by two retail bank networks and on-line bank, which was launched in 2009:
- Credit Agricole — 39 Regional Banks with a network of over 7 thousand outlets;
- LCL — approximately 2 thousand outlets.
- BforBank – 115 000 customers
Total number of retail banking customers in France makes 32 million.
Retail banking abroad
Credit Agricole S.A. is represented on bank markets in 6 countries of the world:
Italy, Poland, Serbia, Ukraine, Morocco, Egypt, where it services over 6 million customers in 2 174 outlets.
Position of Credit Agricole S.A. in all main business lines
Credit Agricole S.A. is a bank services market leader in France and Europe and represents all segments of financial activity by its subsidiary companies in 50 countries of the world:
- № 1 in France:
- Aggregate penetration rate of 36% for retail customers
- Aggregate penetration rate of 42% for small businesses
- Aggregate penetration rate of over 85% for farmer customers.
- № 1 European asset manager
- № 1 bancassurer in France and Europe
- № 2 life insurer in France.
- European player in private banking
- CREDIT AGRICOLE CIB is no. 1 in loan syndication in France and no. 4 in EMEA, world no. 1 in aircraft finance and world no. 7 in project finance
- Leader in payments in France (8.6 billion transactions per annum)