We would like to draw your attention to the increase of phishing* incidents on the banking services market.
PJSC “CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK” (hereinafter – the Bank) asks its customers to be especially attentive and keep in mind that:
- The Bank NEVER requests such confidential information as a PIN code, CVV code, passwords and keys from its customers.
- Calls, letters or text messages requesting to send/give your card number, PIN code, password and other confidential information, even if they were received from the address resembling the official Bank address, are fraud attempts and have no relation to PJSC “CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK”. Please, do not respond to this kind of requests!
PJSC “CREDIT AGRCIOLE BANK” strongly recommends you to follow these security rules in order to protect yourself from fraud:
- Under no circumstances should you give your card details and other confidential information to third parties.
- Check transactions in the Card Account Statement.
- When entering card information for online payments, make sure that secure SSL connection is used (usage of https:// protocol, current encryption certificate of the opened website). Majority of popular web browsers visually display such connection as a padlock near the address bar, click it and you will find out details (connection type, encryption, certificate information).
- Do not use the websites of suspicious and little-known companies.
- To follow a link, which you received in the e-mail, enter it in the browser address bar.
- Use licensed software (internet browser, operating system, antivirus software etc.).
If you suspect that you have become a phishing victim:
- Change passwords or PIN codes in all your online-accounts which could have been compromised.
- Directly contact the bank or internet shop. Do not follow the links in the phishing message.
- If you found out about fraudulent access to accounts, block them.
- Activate SMS notification (“GSM-banking”) service for your card accounts.
If you have any questions or suspicions do not hesitate to call specialists of the round-the-clock Contact center by phone number: 0 800 30 5555 (free of charge from the all phones within the territory of Ukraine).
*Phishing (Engl. Phishing derived from fishing – catching fish) – is a type of internet-fraud aimed at gaining access to confidential user data – card numbers, CVV-value (3 numbers on the back of the card), PIN code, logins and passwords by means of fraudulent e-mail requests, phone calls, false SMS which appear to come from the bank.